Preface

I decided to follow my passion.
You may not understand why one can be passionate about personal computers and why I am so. Everybody has his reason here is mine: curiosity. I have always been attracted by the working mechanisms of things, and the more complicated the better it is, because it is worth the effort and it is more fun understanding how they work. Back on my 18th, I have got to decide what to study at the university. It could have been informatics, or mechanical engineering or cardiology. I decided on mechanical engineering and it was a damn good decision. My father was a doctor and when I was 13th year old he bought me an 8086 PC so, by the time I had to decide which faculty to take, informatics and medicine where quite familiar – in a way – to me, so mechanical engineering was so strong attracting me because it was all new to learn. There is no way you can learn mechanical engineering or cardiology on your own without attending classes at university but thanks to the open community and internet, it is well possible to learn informatics on your own. So I decided to follow my passion and who knows, maybe one day upon retirement I will go back to university to catch up even with cardiology.

Why writing a blog, and where is it going to go?
Back in late summer 2014, I started this self-learning journey and I took working notes of my experiments, in what I use to call a diary. In July 2020, I decided to takes those original working notes and organize them into a blog (you find them in the page "the diary").
Well, nowadays, the blog is the modern form of a diary though it is a special one because a blog is a diary that is intended to be shared. So this is a blog and a diary of my learning journey. Besides, I know that the better way to learn is to teach, so at the end of the day, this blog helps me to organize my experiments and keep on learning. At the same time, it is romantic the idea of having someone with me to share the pains, the failures and some achievements during this journey.
I don't know where it is going to go: the journey is the purpose.